The Dow Jones Industrial Average breached 18,000 for the first time ever and the S&P 500 continued an upward climb in 2014. It’s hard to imagine that just five years ago, both large and small institutions in many industries were going under as the housing crisis brought demand to a standstill. Even individuals with excellent credit struggled to get loans and refinance their mortgages. With the national unemployment figure now at 5.9% from a peak of 10% in late 2009, it’s evident the economy has improved in a tremendous way.
The year 2014 has also been a successful year of growth and improvements for Motif Investing filled with many great milestones. We launched a new business line, grew our customer base, received noteworthy recognition for our technology and innovation, and more. The following are six highlights for 2014.
SIX MOTIF INVESTING MILESTONES FOR 2014
1) Launched the Motif Advisor Platform – Financial advisors can now manage their clients with simple and powerful tools using the Motif Advisor platform. This new platform allows advisors to create, rebalance, share, and monitor portfolios utilizing Motif’s technology. Motif also won “Best In Show” for Motif Advisor at Finovate Spring 2014 in San Jose. Finovate is a conference that brings together hundreds of financial technology innovators in order to showcase the latest offerings in finance.
2) Continued to build new investment products – There are now over 150 professionally built motifs available, which include 25 asset allocation models. We also launched Horizon Motifs on May 8, 2014, which allow investors to invest in a portfolio of ETFs based off a certain target time horizon in a Conservative, Moderate, or Aggressive fashion. One of the best attributes is there are no trading commissions for the benchmark Horizon motifs. Like all Motifs, the Horizon motifs are fully customizable to meet your particular needs. . Learn more about Horizon Motifs here.
3) Improved overall mobile experiences – Investors can now download Motif Investing on their Android powered phones as well as their iPhones to discover new motifs, buy, sell, and rebalance motifs, as well as track and monitor the performance of their portfolios. The Android version launched this year, available on versions 4.0.3 and up. And the iPhone app now offers iOS 8 support, visual enhancements, and the ability to quickly log in and trade using Touch ID. Quickly trade motifs on the go, add and view motifs to your watch list, check the status of recently placed orders, and more.
4) Raised a new round of funding led by new and existing investors. This latest round of funding supports the growth of our multiple businesses and exciting product developments.
5) Grew to 100,000+ Motif users – There are now 100,000 users strong customizing, building, and sharing motifs using our intuitive platform. The features of our social platform enable you to share and discuss motifs with friends and other investors within our community.
6) Named a CNBC Disruptor 50 – The CNBC Disruptor 50 is an annual roundup of the country’s most ambitious and innovative companies changing the economy and overall business landscape. Motif Investing was ranked fourth overall, above companies such as Uber, Airbnb, and Dropbox and is the top-ranked startup catering to retail investors and advisors on CNBC’s list.
TO GREATER THINGS IN THE FUTURE
We would like to thank the Motif Investing community for supporting us through such a wonderful 2014. We look forward to providing further value in 2015!
The Exchange Traded Funds prospectus contains its investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses and other important information you should read and consider carefully prior to making an investment decision. Please review the current prospectus, available from the Prospectus link or by contacting Motif either by phone at 855-586-6843, email at email@example.com, or in writing at Motif Investing, Inc., P.O. Box 3548, Rancho Cordova, CA 95741.
ETFs have unique features that you should be aware of, which can include distribution of any gains, risks related to securities within the portfolio, and tax consequences. The data quoted herein represents past performance and is not indicative of future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that your investment, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original value. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data provided. Please review the prospectus or other research tools provided on this site for more recent performance information. ETFs purchase through Motif incur management fees applied by the offering Fund managers. Please refer to the prospectus for information regarding the fees that apply, including the management fee. Contact Motif Investing at 1-855-586-6843 to obtain the most recent month-end performance data.
Horizon motifs provide investors with a starting point to consider in allocating assets within their larger portfolio. However, Horizon motifs should not be considered a recommended strategy or comprehensive solution to your overall investing needs. There are many considerations when structuring your portfolio, such as cash needs, family-planning needs, tax and estate planning strategies. Motif does not provide any investment, tax, or legal advice and suggest you contact your own investment, tax, or legal advisor for further information your investment strategy. $0.00 commission for trades (buys, sells, following rebalances) for the benchmark versions of the nine Motif-created Asset Allocation Horizon motifs. Commissions for any Horizon motifs that are customized in any way – adjust weighting, add or remove securities, choose not to following rebalance event, will include a $9.95 total commission per motif transaction or pay $4.95 per stock for individual stock/ETF transactions.